Friday, August 5, 2011

Preschool is right around the corner!

I realized that preschool starts at the end of August!  We've been slacking because it is summer.  I can tell that when Madison isn't intellectually stimulated her behavior is atrocious so I have been working more on planning her curriculum.  I started this week with reviewing our sight words that we started awhile back. I am basing her curriculum off of two sites.  The first is 1+1+1=1 You can Read  and The Moffatt Girls Ready2Read

We've already started Unit 1 in You can Read, but I felt we needed to review it again to make sure.  Madison completed the Word Shapes, Sentence Search, Word Search and Color by Words Sheets.  The Word Shapes and Word Search were a little tough and she didn't get the concept completely until I showed her most of them, so we're going to try those again tomorrow.  She also did the sight word letter puzzles.

Out of the Ready2Read Unit 1 Madison did the color by number sheets, colored her caterpillar, and painted her 'cheerio mats'.  We went over our 'at' family flower and she read the -at family mini book.  I was impressed!  She also did her color by sight word butterfly!  She did a read it, trace it,  paste it sheet and matched up the CVC words with the pictures.

This morning she went to a summer preschool camp at the local community center.  It is her last week.  She got to go swimming, to the park and drew me a picture of a flower and a princess.  After her nap she worked on patterning with our Lauri Math discovery kit.  We practiced our handwriting sheets, the letter A and the number 2.  I found these at Confessions of a Homeschooler Printables.  I printed them and then laminated them so Madison can do them over and over again with a dry erase marker. 




finishing the pattern with Lauri Math Discovery Kit


Read, trace and cut sheet
tracing sheet

CVC picture/word match
 I will post more this weekend on the rest of the activities for this week and our plans for next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment