Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday

Today we worked on the -at and -an word families.  Madison sorted the words on the apples and put them in the right family column.  She also read her -an family mini book. Both of these activities came from Ready2Read from the Moffatt Girls


Madison did the preschool lessons from 1+1+1=1 last year.  I suggest to start with that program before moving on to the Ready2Read and I Can Read programs. Also check out the Tot School as well.

I don't want to move too fast with Madison and overwhelm her since she did just turn 4.  The wonderful thing about homeschooling is that you can move at the pace of the child.  She is picking up the sight words quite well, but I think she is going to need two weeks for the phonics.  We'll play it by ear.  I am going to focus on You Can Read Unit 2 and Ready2Read Unit 2.

We still have a few more things to finish up tomorrow, so I will post about those and provide pictures! :)

The preschool she attends does a progress report at the end of the year to let parents know where they are at.  Last year, Madison knew all of her colors including pink, white, brown, etc, all of her shapes, all of the alphabet and the sounds, and her numbers 1-10.  She could recognize some of the numbers in the teens and couldn't recognize 20 and up.  And she counted to 50.  Her physical and fine motor skills were good as well as Social and Academic. 

So my goal is to keep counting to 100.  She can do it, she just seems to get bored after 50.  lol.  I also need to have her start to recognize double digit numbers.  I think I am going to buy a 1-100 counting chart.  You'd think she'd at least know to 31 from the calendar!  LOL.Tomorrow I am also going to test her on how many counting blocks she can count.  And we need to keep up on our High Five and National Geographic magazines. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment